Culinary & Kitchen Positions
- Full Time | Part Time
General Expectations and Competencies
Culinary & Kitchen positions are expected to work 40 hours per week, as needed.
- • Communication Proficiency
- • Problem Solving and Solution-Oriented Thinking
- • Eye for Detail
- • Positive Attitude
- • Team Oriented
The Line Cook duties include but are not limited to:
Contribute to the food program through food preparation and cooking. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have culinary experience.
- • Menu planning with guidance from the Culinary Director.
- • Communicate kitchen needs with the General Manager and Culinary Director.
- • Contribute to customer service needs.
- • Keep kitchen set up and stocked on a continual basis.
- • Ensure proper preparation for food service prior to service hours.
- • Work the line throughout service.
- • Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- • Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized.
- • Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- • Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- • Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
- • Restock retail food items in the shop.
- • Work prep, curing and service shifts.
- • Understand and comply with all HACCP plans.
- • Fill in HACCP logs as needed.
- • Assist with in-house and catered events.
- • Any other duties and responsibility needed to ensure the effective operation of the kitchen.
- • A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- • In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- • Ability to walk, stand and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- • Current Texas Food Handler’s or Food Manager’s Certificate.
- • Able to lift boxes up to 50lbs on occasion.
- • Must be able to work during peak times, including on the weekends and during holidays.