- Full Time
- Hourly Plus Tips
General Expectations and Competencies
The Head Bartender is expected to work 30- 40 hours a week, with sufficient work hours allocated to serving customers.
- • Bartending
- • Ability to Train Staff
- • Ethical Conduct
- • Communication Proficiency
- • Problem Solving and Solution-Oriented Thinking • Customer Service
- • Creativity
- • Eye for Detail
- • Positive Attitude
- • Ability to Defuse Difficult Situations
Head Bartender duties include but are not limited to:
Manage all aspects of the bar in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage, liquor and health laws.
Implements agreed-upon beverage policy.
Train bar staff.
Ensure exceptional customer service.
Develop new drinks.
Ensure quality and safety controls are followed.
Able to implement beverage controls including perpetual inventory, costs control, sales analysis for beverages and period end inventory.
Manage inventory and resources.
Plan promotional events.
Create schedules and ensure that bar is fully staffed during peak hours.
Work with SSH to set business objectives to increase profit and maximize customer satisfaction.
Maintain safe, fun atmosphere for guests and staff.
Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action.
- • Bar experience
- • Ability to lift kegs periodically
- • Current TABC certificate
- • Current Food Handler’s certificate
- • Ability to walk, stand and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- • Able to maintain a clean personal appearance at all times.
- • Must be able to work during peak times, including on the weekends and during holidays.