Shop Keeper & Server
- Full Time | Part Time
- Hourly Plus Tips
General Expectations and Competencies
The Shop Keeper/Server is expected to work 20-30 hours per week. The Shop Keeper/Server must clock in and out when at work.
- • Customer Service
- • Communication Skills • Eye for Detail
- • Positive Attitude
- • Team Oriented
- • Multitasker
The Shop Keeper/Server’s duties include but are not limited to:
The Shop Keeper/Server is expected to contribute to the overall guest experience through effective guest interaction and maintaining a welcoming atmosphere.
- Adhere to all La Bergerie operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and verbal instructions.
- Answer phone calls in a timely and courteous manner.
- Check voicemail and provide messages to intended recipient.
- Complete all shift checklist items.
- Greet guests and assist with seating as needed.
- Assist guests in a confident, professional, personalized and genuinely friendly manner.
- Provide guests with insight on menu, wine and other beverage options.
- Perform all duties necessary in the taking of orders and serving of food and beverage.
- Prepare and serve drinks and food items.
- Handle all aspects of payments.
- Bus tables and ensure cleanliness of the Shop and Bar areas.
- Resolves any guest problems or complaints, utilizing own best judgment in resolving issues or referring issues to Management as needed.
- Follow brand standards.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all wine, beer, food and gift items in the shop.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area.
- Adhere to all food and safety guidelines.
- Restock, organize and clean shelves.
- Any and all other duties not listed here.
The Shop Keeper/Server will follow all SSH guidelines and communicate any needs specific to the shop. The Shop Keeper/Server will report to the General Manager.
- • Food and beverage experience preferred.
- • Current Texas Food Handler’s Certification.
- • Current TABC Certification.
- • Be able to use POS system effectively and efficiently.
- • Ability to walk, stand and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- • Able to lift up to and over 40 pounds
- • Able to maintain a clean personal appearance at all times.
- • Must be able to work during peak times, including on the weekends and during holidays.